Full-time; must be able to work weekends.
- Work directly with the General Manager (GM) running the kitchen.
- Experience will be required in a similar kitchen management or chef role.
- Must be able to lead, direct and delegate.
- Organisation, discipline, and cleanliness are next to godliness here
- Would be someone everyone would have a pint with.
Skills you will learn
- Organising every day food production, deadlines and counter stocking. This includes and is not limited to:
- Writing up a list of preps for the next day at the end of each shift, with deadlines for each.
- Delegating prep jobs to staff.
- Informing front of house of incoming food for the day.
- Being efficient in your own prep and cooking, while ensuring others are on track.
- Working with the GM to predict daily item sales and to create a prep schedule which fulfils those sales.
- Placing orders with foodservice, passing on any orders required from other suppliers to the GM.
- Controlling waste.
- Ensuring that everything that leaves the kitchen is of a high standard.
- Organising pantry and wet store, keeping up stock rotation.
- Working closely with the GM on product and recipe development.
- Taking weekly food stock inventory.