Full-time; must be able to work weekends.
- Must work well in a team, as well as independently, and manage tight deadlines.
- Must take direction well, not be afraid to ask questions and feel comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Cleanliness and tidiness are essential.
- Previous bakery or pastry chef experience is preferred but not essential.
- Love of cake is a must!
- Driving the production of all our baked goods, with a good degree of creative control.
- Working closely with the Kitchen Manager to ensure that daily bake production is met on time and to a high standard. Ensuring consistent production is met by anyone baking in your absence.
- Writing up new recipes, assisting the Kitchen Manager and General Manager with costing.
- Keeping your area clean and tidy, as well as keeping the kitchen cleanliness to a high standard.
- Contributing to the completion of the weekly deep cleaning jobs.
- When required, usually on weekends, working downstairs with the front of house staff on the service line, ensuring that the final plating and heating of food is completed to a high standard.